Daphne

Moments by moments...

Friday, August 11, 2006

Childhood Escapes

The abandoned vacant lot next to our backyard was my favorite place to play when I was a child. A carpet of yellow, purple and white wild flowers along with the tall and short dark green grasses covered the entire lot. I would always pick several flowers and take them home with me. Hundreds of small, yellow butterflies were flying freely from one flower to another. Whenever I would catch one, I would place it in the bottle and I watch it with fascination. But, my greatest enjoyment came from chasing high-hopping, fast-flying grasshoppers. No matter how fast I ran, my short legs never could catch them. This is made catching them a great challenge. The abandoned lot was full of excitement and wonder. This is where I spent most of my time when I was a child.

Ayat ko nga agawid din. Napintas ti buhay idiay bukid. Ti balay ni lola kasadig ti ilog. Adda gulay kamatis, sibuyas, amplaya kin kamote...idiay bukid ni lola. Magil giliw mut siyak. Sika? Agawid ka mit? Napintas ti agawid...ado na kaibigan idiay...take care...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home