Daphne

Moments by moments...

Friday, June 23, 2006

Silence

While playing chess, he constantly looking at the ring on my right finger as I move the pieces.
With great concerned, he asked, "Who gave you that ring? Him?"
Nervously, avoiding his question, I said, "It's your move."
Sadness written all over his face, he knew I was not going to answer his question. Without saying anything, he got up, walked outside and sat on the porch. Not knowing what to do or say to him, I remained seated few minutes, then joined him outside after. I could tell that he was also frustrated because I was not ready to discuss my past with him yet. With nothing to say, I kissed him on the cheek and said goodbye.
With a depressed look on his face, he grabbed and squeezed my hand and said, "I will be waiting for you tomorrow."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home