Daphne

Moments by moments...

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Misunderstanding

From a distant, I saw him sitting in the porch waiting patiently for me. As I waved at him, he gave me the sweetest smile and waved back at me. I was so pleased to see him, I could not wait to give him a big hug, and be with him all day today.
As soon I got closer to him, he gave me a kiss and asked, "So what did you yesterday?"
I replied back, "I went house haunting, went shopping for work cloths and bought my school books."
He held my hand and whispered, "Sweetheart, I have a surprise for you. Lets go inside the house and I will get it."
I think I know what it is, uncomfortably, I followed him inside the house. While he went to the bedroom, I sat down in the sofa and turned the TV on. For a brief moment, he came out, came towards me, opened his hand and showed me the most beautiful ring I ever seen. It has a flower design. His name and mine were engraved on the ring.
"So, did you like it? Put it on see if it fits on your finger" he said anxiously.
Sadly, almost in tears, I asked him, "Is this a symbol of us? or Is this about replacing the ring that I already had?
Surprised and annoyed, he answered, "What are you talking about?"
I thought he understand and respect everything I told him the other night? About the ring and how important for me. Instead we were back again in the same situation two days ago.
Disappointed, I gave him back the ring and I said sadly, "Maybe this is not the best time for this."
before he could say anything, I embraced him tight, kissed him and said goodbye. Then, I turned around and walked out the door without looking back at him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home